Ready for Spring

Last weekend, we were blessed with some tremendously warm and sunny weather. Thus, Mason and I decided to work on improving our yard, especially our front lawn. It was a mess of poor soil, cedar mulch, and somewhat unhappy grass. We were more than ready to improve it for the spring.

Thanks to the magic of Zaarly, we got a load of bricks delivered right to our front yard! (Along with a quarter cord of firewood to help our un-used fireplace look less dismal. Pics of that later on.)

This area of the yard had previously been a section of rock-hard clay, covered with cedar mulch and infested with tons of disorganized monkey grass. Not my favorite.  So we got to work digging, adding in organic garden soil, and creating a border using the bricks.

I planted some flowering groundcover,┬áperennials, and other bulbs as well. Now we’re just waiting for it to grow. Here’s hoping!

This entry was posted in Adventures, Inspiration, Simple Living. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Ready for Spring

1. sarah jo says:

dear friend, how I love it when you blog! Not the least because your pictures are always gorgeous (and I’m a little envious of that :)

2. Megan Lane says:

looks great! sounds like a huge improvement. right now, we live in a rental & our landlord does the yardwork. i look forward to having a lawn of our own to pretty up though! i’m a little jealous that you were outside with shorts on! it’s in the ’30s here.

3. Diana says:

Oooh, I’m itching to get started improving our yard as well! Good work!

4. Katie says:

Thanks, friends!

Megan, we rent as well, but we are in charge of mowing the grass. We just couldn’t take the state of the front beds anymore. :)

5. cindy omire says:

just checking in I see I missed a lot !!! Love your posts and miss yall terribly!! Would love to see your place!!! Yall look so happy!! Xoxo

6. Rita says:

I see a lot of interesting posts on your website. You have to spend a lot of time writing, i know
    how to save you a lot of time, there is a tool that creates readable, SEO friendly
    articles in couple of seconds, just type in google
    - k2 unlimited content

7. Blythe says:

I read a lot of interesting posts here. Probably you
    spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of time,
    there is an online tool that creates unique, google friendly posts in seconds, just search in google – laranitas free content source

8. Shella says:

That way the garden is always alive and seen from a differebt perspective.
    It can perform a grreat job on the areas that the mower
    can’t reach, such as around fruit trees, near fences, beside patios, and many
    other places. These should be planted relatively shallow tto help thee root network thrive.

9. Drug Test says:

And this is what I consider great information. Keep up the great work.

10. vince8700 says:

Only if I could come across some more posts like this one, that would be great.

11. lilly9932 says:

I’m actually delighted I found this post. It’s well written plus the information is great. I am hoping to uncover more like this.

12. pearle1442 says:

This truly demonstrates that you can still find folks that care about what they submit online. I actually enjoyed reading the comments.

13. omer6229 says:

I wish I could compose submissions this good. I have been working at it for approximately two months today and I’m improving but I can’t wait until I’m just as good as you.

14. athena4454 says:

Judging by the number of comments, this is definately a truly engaged subject. Whenever I revisit this post there’s an interesting visitor post better than some of the prior ones.

15. efren8496 says:

This wasn’t the site We were looking for however I’m thankful I came across it. I see it’s very popular on the web. Good job.

16. eulalia1608 says:

Awesome material. I wish other information We’ve came across turned out to be just as good. Continue the great work.

17. judith3348 says:

Based on the number of responses, this is undeniably an extremely involved topic. Everytime I come back to this post there’s an interesting guest post better than many of the previous ones.

18. katerine7601 says:

I believe I actually read another post similar to this one in before. It seemed to be the same material and was equally well posted.