Ready for Spring

Last weekend, we were blessed with some tremendously warm and sunny weather. Thus, Mason and I decided to work on improving our yard, especially our front lawn. It was a mess of poor soil, cedar mulch, and somewhat unhappy grass. We were more than ready to improve it for the spring.

Thanks to the magic of Zaarly, we got a load of bricks delivered right to our front yard! (Along with a quarter cord of firewood to help our un-used fireplace look less dismal. Pics of that later on.)

This area of the yard had previously been a section of rock-hard clay, covered with cedar mulch and infested with tons of disorganized monkey grass. Not my favorite.  So we got to work digging, adding in organic garden soil, and creating a border using the bricks.

I planted some flowering groundcover,┬áperennials, and other bulbs as well. Now we’re just waiting for it to grow. Here’s hoping!

This entry was posted in Adventures, Inspiration, Simple Living. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Ready for Spring

1. sarah jo says:

dear friend, how I love it when you blog! Not the least because your pictures are always gorgeous (and I’m a little envious of that :)

2. Megan Lane says:

looks great! sounds like a huge improvement. right now, we live in a rental & our landlord does the yardwork. i look forward to having a lawn of our own to pretty up though! i’m a little jealous that you were outside with shorts on! it’s in the ’30s here.

3. Diana says:

Oooh, I’m itching to get started improving our yard as well! Good work!

4. Katie says:

Thanks, friends!

Megan, we rent as well, but we are in charge of mowing the grass. We just couldn’t take the state of the front beds anymore. :)

5. cindy omire says:

just checking in I see I missed a lot !!! Love your posts and miss yall terribly!! Would love to see your place!!! Yall look so happy!! Xoxo

6. Rita says:

I see a lot of interesting posts on your website. You have to spend a lot of time writing, i know
    how to save you a lot of time, there is a tool that creates readable, SEO friendly
    articles in couple of seconds, just type in google
    - k2 unlimited content